Writing Your Practice offers a practical application of yoga philosophy to the practice of writing. If you are looking for an opportunity to creatively connect your life on and off of the mat, Writing Your Practice offers a structured step-by-step immersion into the heart of your self-expression.
Every Writing Your Practice session will nurture and inspire your writing through storytelling, yoga philosophy, writing exercises, and discussion. Each week presents a particular philosophical concept or key deity in the Tantric tradition, designed to unlock your creative voice. All are welcomed: novice writers, seasoned bloggers, occasional journalers, and closet poets. Bring your inquisitiveness, your notebook or computer, and your willingness to dive into the heart of your self-expression. This is the yoga of writing.
WRITING YOUR PRACTICE IS A 10 WEEK IMMERSIVE WRITING EXPERIENCE IN 3 SECTIONS:
Establishing Your Practice
(Weeks 1-4) focuses on establishing a regular writing practice, cracks open writers block, offers a variety of writing techniques, and plunges you your true subject matter.
Refining Your Focus
(Weeks 5-7) centers around refinement and your individual focus-how to become clear in your communications and move forward with confidence in your own writing.
Owning Your Voice
(Weeks 8-10) explores the effects of your writing-how to balance your inner expression with the world around you, from owning the effects of your writing to finding new ways of getting it out there.
WHY YOGA PHILOSOPHY AND MYTH?
• Yoga means to yoke, to connect. By diving into your self-expression you connect more deeply with your authentic self and consequently with those around you.
• Myth matters. Myths and stories tell us about our common experiences, revealing great truths and insights into who we are as human beings. These insights will cultivate and expand your writing.
• Everything you write reveals how you look at the world. By exploring the connections between your yoga and your writing, you gain a greater consciousness of your own ways of thinking and being, enriching your self-expression.
WRITING YOUR PRACTICE IS FOR YOU IF:
• You want to create a regular writing practice.
• Your writing is rusty and needs a tune-up.
• You are a seasoned writer who wants to expand your ideas and inspirations.
• You want to link your yoga practice more deeply to your writing practice.
• You need to write regularly and want to find ease in the process.
• You want to refine your writing skills.
• You are a novice writer who wants to know where and how to begin.
• You want to publish your writing online or begin a blog.
• You want to incorporate myths and philosophy into your teaching practice.
• You are a student curious to learn more about myth and yoga philosophy.